This website ("Site”) is made available to you, the user, member or customer (“you” or “your” being interpreted accordingly) subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
1. WHO ARE WE?
This Site is operated by Bomporto Hotels Lda. A company registered in Portugal under registration number 513766790 and our registered address Rua do Diário de Notícias, 142, 1200-146 Lisboa, Portugal, (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly). “Bomporto Hotels” is a registered trademark that belongs to Bomporto Hotels Lda.
2. CONTENT ON THIS SITE
Your use of this Site and its contents including, without limit, any text, data, logos, graphics, photographs, images, animations, software, apps, forms, videos, music and other audio/visual materials that you access (“Content”) is subject to these Terms. Any Content that you access on this Site is either owned by us (or third parties who license such Content to us) and is made available only for your own personal use on the condition that you must not republish, post, transmit, edit, adapt, syndicate or distribute any Content without our prior written permission. The names ‘Bomporto Hotels, ‘The Lumiares’, ‘The Baronesa’, ‘The Rebello’ and other business names and logos displayed on this Site may be trade marks belonging to us, other companies belonging to Bomporto Hotels (“Trade Marks”) or agreed partnerships. To the maximum extent legally permitted, you cannot link to or seek to extract data from this Site or re-utilize any part of this Site or Content for any commercial purpose or use our Trade Marks in a way that suggests that you or your business has any endorsement from or affiliation to us or other companies belonging to Bomporto Hotels without our prior written permission (at our sole discretion).
Computer Generated Images
Computer generated images are used for illustrative purposes and should be treated as general guidance only.
3. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Site may link to third party websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control third party websites and are not responsible for their contents or how they operate. Where this Site includes any links to third party websites, this does not imply any endorsement by us of the goods, services or materials made available on such websites. You acknowledge that (to the maximum extent legally permitted and unless we state otherwise) we shall not be liable in respect of your use of those third party websites or any purchase you make through them.
4. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE
You must only use this Site for legal purposes in accordance with these Terms and are prohibited from using our Site to engage in any fraudulent activity or in a manner that (in our reasonable opinion) is liable to damage our business or harm other users. Your use of our Site is subject to our membership rules and other policies or guidelines that we may communicate to you from time to time. You also undertake that any personal data and other information you may provide to us when registering or signing up to any services on this Site is complete, accurate and up to date. In relation to any material you submit to us or post on this Site, you undertake to us that either you own this material or have the necessary rights, clearances and or approvals you need to submit or post such material. You agree to compensate us in relation to any third party legal actions or claims that are made against us and for any associated losses, damages or expenses (including any legal expenses) that we suffer as a result of you breaching your obligations or undertakings in this Section 4.
5. OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence (or the negligence of our employees or agents) or where applicable law does not permit us to restrict or exclude particular obligations or liabilities. Subject the above paragraph we do not accept any liability for damage to any computer or device that you use to access this Site or in relation to any loss of data when you use this Site. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any Content you access or download is free from viruses, worms or other malware, and you should check that you have suitable, up to date virus or malware protection on your computer or device. While we will correct any errors on this Site that come to our attention as soon as we reasonably can, we do not undertake or warrant that this Site or the Content will be completely free from bugs or errors or that this Site will be available on an uninterrupted basis. You accept that access to this Site (or certain features) may be interrupted or suspended without notice in the case of IT system issues or where we need to undertake maintenance or due to other reasons beyond our reasonable control. We do not make any representation and exclude all warranties, terms or conditions (whether express or implied by law or otherwise) in respect of the Site or its Content, including, without limitation, any decision you take on the basis of information provided through this Site, except that nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict your statutory rights or other rights that cannot be excluded or restricted under applicable law. Except as set out above, we will not be liable for (1) any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage; or (2) any lost revenue, profits or other economic loss (whether direct or indirect), however arising from your use of this Site.
6. PRIVACY & SECURITY
7. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We are may amend these Terms at any time, for example, where we add new services or features or where there is a change in applicable law. All such changes will take effect once these Terms have been updated and you will be assumed to have accepted any such changes if you continue to use the Site after the latest update.
8. PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
If you elect to purchase any products or services which we offer to you through this Site (or any affiliated website of another belonging to Bomporto Hotels) this may be subject to new and/or additional terms and conditions which will be notified to you at the time.
9. INVALIDITY & WAIVER
If any of these Terms is found by a court or a regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply to the maximum extent legally permitted. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be effective unless made in writing by us and a waiver (or non-enforcement) shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
10. GOVERNING LAW
In the event of any dispute between you and us concerning these Terms, the laws of Portugal and the EU will apply. If you wish to take court proceedings against us, you should do so within Portugal, except to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires mandatory application of another law and/or jurisdiction and/or language and such requirement cannot lawfully be excluded under these Terms in which case such law and/or jurisdiction and/or language shall apply, as far as legally required.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding the Site or these Terms, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
1. WHO ARE WE?
This Site is operated by Portal Hotel Management Lda. (PHM) a company registered in Portugal under registration number 513766790 and our registered address Rua do Diário de Notícias, 142, 1200-146 Lisboa, Portugal, (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly). “Bomporto Hotels” is a registered trademark that belongs to Bomporto Hotels Lda.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- The personal details you provide (such as name, address, e-mail address; business address and phone number) when submitting a booking application.
- Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your booking application (and administering your reservation). For further details please also refer to the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION.
- Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you visit one of our hotels or other premises.
- We may also receive other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to this Site or any other websites we operate.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to acknowledge, confirm and deal with your membership application (and where necessary put you on our waiting list).
- where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
- where you are a guest, provide you with service information and administer your guest folio.
- we may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers (e.g. our on-premises spa & gym providers) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you as a guest or ownwership applicant. If you are an existing owner or guest of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services that are similar to those which you previously purchased from us (or tried to purchase). If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have previously consented to this.
- to contact you in connection with user/customer/owner surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- to administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site secure.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- we may make your personal data available to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations (for example, card processing or payment services (see the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION) and credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud
- our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide membership services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members
- if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our members or customers may be one of the transferred assets
- if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or to enforce our General Terms & Conditions, ownership rules or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to
- to contact you in connection with user/customer/owner surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- to protect us, our clients or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organizations.
7. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through this Site will be processed by our third party payment provider and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service provider using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit. We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support or an ownership application or subscription is stored for the purpose of processing your application, initiating your membership and collecting your subscription fees if your initial application is successful (or if you are put on to a membership waiting list, please note that this data may be stored for later use to initiate your membership and subscription). We may also store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a client for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted. You may choose to opt-out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to initiate your membership subscription or for the purpose of making any future purchases.
This Site is operated by Bomporto Hotels Lda. a company registered in Portugal under registration number 513766790 and our registered address Rua do Diário de Notícias, 142, 1200-146 Lisboa, Portugal, (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly).
9. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Certain applicable data protection laws give you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you. You may also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress; or, ask us to delete or correct any personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or no longer relevant. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the CONTACT section below. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, or other device when you access a website. Pixels, also known as web beacons or web bugs, are small blocks of code on webpages and in emails that do things like allow another computer server to measure viewing of a webpage. These are often are used in conjunction with Cookies. Cookies enable our computer servers to collect information from your computer or device about how you interact with our Site.
- Authentication: to recognize you if you are signed in to our Site.
- Performance: Some Cookies may collect information about user visits to our Site, for example which web pages visitors use most often. We might also use these performance Cookies to highlight services which we think will be of interest to you based on your previous use of our Site [To help us monitor visitor traffic to our website and understand how our Site is used, we have enabled a third party software tool ‘Google Analytics’ to collect data about our Site traffic. Visitors have the ability to opt-out of Google Analytics features we use. Performance cookies like these do not routinely collect information that personally identifies a visitor by name so the impact on your personal privacy should be minimal.
- Functionality: Some Cookies allow our Site to remember information from your previous visits, such as contact details you previously submitted. For example, when you complete an online form (such as when you register for a service) we will use a cookie which (if you agree) will help remember your details if you use the same computer to complete another form on our Site without you having to re-enter them. These Cookies may also be used to provide information you request such as publications or newsletters.
4. STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Some Cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate our Site or to enable you to receive a particular service you have requested. Such Cookies are regarded as ‘strictly necessary’ and we do not need to ask your permission to use them.
5. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Our Site may also allow third parties to download Cookies to your device. For example if you choose to ‘share’ content from our Site with friends through a third party site such as Facebook or another social network, you may be sent Cookies from these third party service providers over which we have no control. If you choose to share such content, you should check the relevant third party services provider’s terms/policies for more information about cookies that they use.